(as of Sep 19,2020 01:29:00 UTC – Details)
“Online Teaching with Zoom is an indispensable guide for improving your online teaching—whatever your platform.”
– Barbara Oakley, PhD, instructor of Learning How to Learn, one of the world’s largest and most popular massive open online courses on Coursera.
Online Teaching with Zoom is your guide for gaining the technical, classroom management, and teaching skills you’ll need to operate with confidence in the live online classroom.
Author of Excellent Online Teaching and veteran online teacher, Aaron Johnson integrates his background in online education and video production to guide you through a thoughtful and practical approach to adapt your teaching for this new environment.
One hour with its initial chapters is likely to save you many days of trial-and-error.
Each chapter helps you to learn the tools, develop new teaching skills, and discover effective methods to engage your students, including:
- Setting up your equipment, audio, and lighting to create a hospitable and secure virtual classroom
- Get an inside scoop from students on what works and doesn’t work in the videoconferenced learning environment
- Downloadable resources such as student protocols and etiquette essentials for classroom management
- More than 30 active learning activities, bonus teaching templates, and online tutorials
- Best practices and tips to help you lead breakout groups in activities, discussions, and collaborative tasks
What Educators are Saying:
“Online Teaching with Zoom is timely and provides tips for educators who instruct virtually in a variety of settings (e.g., postsecondary institutions, elementary schools) and serve in diverse roles (e.g., presenter, trainer, faculty). Aaron Johnson offers readers a starting point to help them acclimatize to the “new normal” of instructing remotely.”
– Lenette Sanders, Special Education Teacher and Doctoral Student in Educational Technology and Online Learning
“Best book on how to facilitate learning on Zoom I have read! So many useful suggestions and tools for experienced educators as well as those new to the learning environment. A must-read for all.”
– Cathleen Korondi, Dental Hygiene Program Director, Illinois Central College
“This book is full of tips for using Zoom to best serve your students!”
-Leanee Mauna, Professor of English at Palomar College
“Not only is this book great for novice Zoom users (quite honestly veteran Zoom users could learn something as well) but it is easy to follow and contains many bits of very useful information that I never even thought about when running my sessions. The author does a great job of taking a quite possibly dry subject area and making it enjoyable for the reader.”
– Kathy Perez, Southern Cayuga School District
Online Teaching with Zoom is designed to be the one guide teachers and schools need to get a quick start in the live video classroom and to create a sustainable and effective approach for their videoconferenced learning.