(as of Sep 24,2020 00:43:48 UTC – Details)
Be prepared for the onset of innovative approaches such as responsive Web design, and learn how to apply psychology-based persuasion triggers in your designs. Clear up some myths about HTML5 and CSS3, and make use of the “design matrix” methodology.
This eBook describes existing and upcoming trends, and explains how Web design could evolve in the coming months and years. It also touches on what Web designers should be ready for and how to keep abreast of new challenges and opportunities.
The eBook contains carefully edited articles about professional Web design that have been published on Smashing Magazine in 2010 and 2011. Check whether you are up to date and ready to implement what is required in order to keep up in your field.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
– The Current State of Web Design
– Web Design Trends
– Responsive Web Design: What It Is and How to Use It
– A Showcase of Responsive Web Design
– Persuasion Triggers in Web Design
– Why We Should Start Using CSS3 and HTML5 Today
– HTML5: The Facts And The Myths
– The User Is The Anonymous Web Designer
– The Design Matrix: A Powerful Tool for Guiding Client Input
– A Design Is Only As Deep As It Is Usable
– Web Designers, Don’t Do It Alone
– Why Design-By-Committee Should Die
– Design Better and Faster with Rapid Prototyping
– When a Thousand Words Is Worth a Picture
Released: March 2011
Publisher: Smashing Media GmbH