(as of Sep 22,2020 16:10:41 UTC – Details)
Spanish for Kids Set 1 is a motivating set of first readers for children ages 3-8 who are beginning to learn Spanish. Developed with teachers, the Spot Color Immersion Method® combines picture cues, simple sentences, repetition, humor and context in just one line of text per page to help beginners learn vocabulary. Children soon proudly finish their first little Spanish book, then all 10, an accomplishment that builds confidence and motivates them to continue learning Spanish. Kids learn the correct pronunciation listening to the online audio narration by a native speaker. Set 1 features:
- 10 easy Spanish readers, each 16 pages with a simple story
- One line of Spanish text per page with a repetition structure
- Access to online audio using the web address/URL in the books (stream online or download the MP3)
- English translation on the inside cover
- Bilingual Spanish-English vocabulary chart
Each reader has a theme: Family, Animals, Clothing, Colors, Face/Body, Fruit, Numbers, Shapes, Snacks, Toys. The vocabulary choice was thoroughly reviewed by teachers/editors.
Why parents and teachers love Language Together®:
- AWARD-WINNING READERS. Kids lose interest in workbooks and flash cards (with words out of context) but learn naturally with a story. Illustrated by Geisel Honor winner Nancy Meyers.
- CONFIDENCE-BUILDER. Kids proudly exclaim, “I read these little stories on my own–in Spanish!” A fun, non-intimidating way to begin to learn Spanish for kids in preschool, kindergarten and early elementary. Toddlers or babies can listen and look.
- SUPPORTS DIFFERENT LEARNING STYLES. Visual and auditory learners easily learn words reinforced by picture cues and audio.
- DEVELOPS CRITICAL LANGUAGE SKILLS. Complements any school or homeschool curriculum. Portable for use at home or on-the-go learning.