points - Details)
In The Writer's Digest Guide to Magazine Article Writing, accomplished freelance writer, author, and instructor Kerrie Flanagan demystifies the idea that writing for magazines is a difficult process meant only for those with journalism degrees.
Drawing from her 20 years as a freelance writer and instructor, Flanagan takes you step-by-step through the entire process, sharing her knowledge and experiences in a friendly, conversational way.
With more than a dozen sample articles, expert advice from magazine editors and successful freelance writers, practical tips on researching potential publications and instructions on crafting compelling query letters, you'll find the tools needed to write and publish magazine articles.
In this book you'll learn how to:
• Find and target ideas for the right magazine.
• Develop effective query letters to catch the attention of editors and land more assignments.
• Organize your writing life using the checklists and tools throughout the book.
• Understand and negotiate contracts.
• Write and sell personal essays to consumer, niche and trade magazines.
Whether your goal is to get your first byline or make the switch from part-time freelancer to full-time writer, The Writer's Digest Guide to Magazine Article Writing is your go-to resource for writing success.